I've submitted my final proposal for the project and I've set some pretty lofty goals for myself. Look....
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION TASKS:
1. Using Photoshop, clean up existing pictures of balloon art and balloon decorations to be added to the new site. If needed, recreate some of the balloon art and retake the pictures. Some of them are very low quality, and will need to be redone.
2. Fine-tune and complete a CSS page to be used site wide.
3. Write up, and implement a new slide show type feature for the pictures.
4. Visit vendors sites and get pictures of the party themes to be used on the site, complete with credit for the pictures. If need be, scan pictures of the themes from vendor catalogs.
5. Write up and deploy the new site, with full working links.
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION SCHEDULE:
1. Photoshopping balloon art: Estimated completion date – October 1, 2011.
2. CSS page: Estimated completion date – October 31, 2011.
3. Slide show: Estimated completion date – November 15, 2011.
4. Vendor pictures of products: Estimated completion date – November 22, 2011.
5. Initial site deployment – December 1, 2011.
I fully expect the initial deployment to not be perfect, and will probably continue to fine-tune and tweak the site the entire time I work at Party Palace, but my goal is to have a new working version up before the end of the semester.
Seems like some lofty goals, I know. I went light on myself for the month of October, as this is the busy season for Party Palace, what with Halloween fast approaching, but even still, looking at the dates laid out, it feels doable. (Famous Last Words... Hey Billy-Bob, WATCH THIS!!!)
*SIGH*
In other news, I've started fixing the balloon art pictures. I ran into a snag this week when I discovered that the software on the computer at work was Adobe Design CS4.... and Photoshop is Adobe Photoshop CS. No number after the CS. I opened one of the pictures in it, clicked on the magic wand tool, clicked on the photo, and the entire application crashed. Not good. So I'll be fixing the pictures partially at school, but mostly at home. Hopefully once I get those all finished, I'll be able to do more writing for the CSS at work and school, but we'll see how that lines up. I haven't gotten to speak to Lori yet, she just left on a short vacation, so next time she calls the store I'll let her know about the Photoshop. I actually plan on getting a copy of CS5 for my laptop once the dividend comes out, but I still have a couple weeks to wait on that, so.... yeah. Home it is.
Tune in next week for another episode of "Angel's going insane!"
No comments:
Post a Comment